Monday, August 10, 2009

Mailbag Question: How can I keep myself from having another heart attack?

Hey,
I recently did your "I AM CROSSCHIPS" Crosschips and ended up having a heart attack. Thankfully I was near a hospital and pulled through. I was wondering if you had any tips to help me next time my heart feels like it's about to explode? I love your e-blog but I don't love the heart attack feeling. Or death.
-Gerg
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your e-question.

I believe the post you are refering to is this one. It seems difficult at first glance, but if you know your body well enough, it can be done. I'm e-ssuming you used a difficult type of food, something filling, fattening and extremely greasy. This is strictly for professional crosschippers like myself, Charles Weis, John Daly, John Jonathan Madden, etc... We can get that workout done with 13 double bacon cheeseburgers if we wanted to.

Here are my suggestions to keep yourself from heart failure / death.
1. eat lighter foods. For example, instead of a Cheeseburger, have a fried chicken sandwich. Instead of a glazed jelly donut, have either a glazed or jelly donut, not the combo.
2. Drink plenty of fluids. Water is what the "health experts" recommend, but I say trade in that Budweiser for Bud Light. It's lighter on your aching heart, which is a big "W".
3. Add Garlic to everything. Garlic is known to make food delicious but also heart healthy. This will boost the strength of your heart when it has to pump chocolate clotted blood through your arteries. It's very crucial to an excellent Crosschips lifestyle.
4. Bayer Aspirin:

5. It’s completely against everything Crosschips is about (consumption) but when you feel like you are about to burst and your left arm is in serious pain (sign of a heart attack), you stick your finger down that throat of yours and let it all out and start over. Nothing like a clean slate (stomach) will kick start that heart back up any better.
I hope these suggestions will help you out. I would also suggest seeing a doctor, it's SCIENCE.

1 comment: